Every organization should have disaster recovery and continuity of operations plans that commensurate with its risk reduction goals and its overall risk management profile. And of course UAG infrastructure should be an integral part of such plans, subject to associated backup and recovery procedures. However, this post doesn't have much to do with these fundamental things. Instead, it aims to cover the very basics of UAG configuration settings backup or import/export. Here's where one would configure automatic backups (that will be performed automatically every time new configuration is activated):
Please, note that all file locations mentioned in this article are installation defaults and may differ from locations you have selected during the installation.
- The password must be at least 8 characters long and backup default location is C:\Program files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\Backup\. It could be a good idea to periodically backup the content of this directory either via a backup software or a script.
- To perform manual import/export via GUI simply select "File > Import" or "File > Export", supply required parameters and click on "Export":
- To perform import/export via command line navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\utils\ConfigMgr\ and run one of the following commands:
- configmgrutil export filename.xml password [comment]
- configmgrutil import filename.xml password
- For more detailed information please, refer to the following TechNet article.
Post a Comment